Last week we had the privilege to announce a partnership between World Congress and WEGO Health for the 5th Annual Patient Advocacy Summit. The event will take place October 23rd-24th, 2017 in Washington, D.C. and features, for the first time ever live, the WEGO Health Awards Ceremony.
Why did we want to partner with World Congress?
In the words of our fearless CEO, Jack Barrette, “This partnership with the World Congress will strengthen our ability to not only recognize inspiring and impactful Patient Leaders, but it also provides us with the platform to really bring to light the importance of patient advocacy and the power of patient-centricity. This annual summit is something the health industry as a whole can benefit from and the speakers and agenda help to support this much-needed patient collaboration.”
In the next couple of weeks, we will announce the full agenda, but here are some highlights:
The 2017 Summit will feature expert speakers representing:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Professional Patient Advocates in Life Sciences (PPALS)
- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- as well as many Patient Leaders
Learn more about the preliminary agenda here.
The Summit will also feature the annual WEGO Health Awards, live and in-person for the first time. The WEGO Health Awards honor exceptional patient advocates, influencers, and experts who make a difference in the lives of patients and caregivers.
This is something that WEGO Health has dreamed about since the inception of the awards program six cycles ago. This year we have sixteen different WEGO Health Award categories, ranging from Lifetime Achievement to Healthcare Collaborator: Company.
During our virtual WEGO Health Awards ceremony October 11th-13th, 2017 we will announce the 6th annual WEGO Health Award winners. Each of these winners will be invited to the awards ceremony dinner which will take place October 23rd, 2017.
There are many ways to get involved!
- WEGO Health is accepting nominations and endorsements for the WEGO Health Awards through September 1st. Click here to nominate an exceptional Patient Leader or learn more about the WEGO Health Awards.
- Early registration is open for the Summit. We’re happy to offer a $200 savings on your registration when you use promo code “WH200” upon registering. Learn more and register here.
- Conference and award sponsorship opportunities are also available. To learn more, please contact Jay Mulhern, World Congress Business Development Manager.
Stay tuned to the coming weeks when more information will be available! A huge THANK YOU to World Congress and all of the phenomenal Patient Leaders who are making this a reality.
We cannot wait to honor this year’s WEGO Health Awards recipients at the 5th Annual Patient Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC October 23rd, 2017.