A few months ago, a fellow WEGO Health-nut, Sue, told you about the Truvio survey platform, and called herself the Truvio Guru. Well, Truvio is all well and good, but I’m Corinna, the CIG Khaleesi, and I’m here to tell you about an even better* way to get involved with WEGO Health and amplify the patient voice.
Enter the Community Insight Group, or “CIG” for short. Like Truvio studies, Community Insight Groups are aimed at getting feedback from Patient Leaders about various topics for our partners in the healthcare industry. However, unlike Truvio, Community Insight Groups are live online meetings where Patient Leaders are able to chat and discuss these topics together – think a virtual focus group.
Getting involved in Community Insight Groups is a pretty easy process. Here’s the full lowdown, and still only 5 steps!
- Sign up for a WEGO Health Account! Creating a WEGO Health account is the best way for us to keep in touch with you. The more information you give us, the better chance we have to match you up with great opportunities!
- Get notified about opportunities. We’ll contact you via the email address you provide when there’s a Community Insight Group that you qualify for (or any other opportunity, but this is just about CIGs today!) and see if you’re interested. If you are, there will be a Doodle poll for you to fill out with your availability so we can schedule you in one of the hour-long sessions that works for you.
- Get ready! We’ll send you all the details for the group, including the time, dial-in information, and if there’s anything you should be up on before the session. We’ll always ask you, as a Patient Leader, to speak to on behalf of your online communities, but sometimes a client may want you to take a look at a website or an infographic before the call.
- Participate in the Community Insight Group. Dial-in to the online meeting room and phone line and identify yourself by just your first name. There will be a few slides shown online, and a WEGO Health moderator will be on the call with you and the other 2-4 participants to ask questions and guide the discussion. Make sure you speak loud and proud and you’re as candid as possible; all of your responses will be kept confidential.
- Receive compensation. Your time and insights are valuable; we know that and we make sure all of the clients we work with know that. Within 48 hours of the Insight Group, we’ll send you either an Amazon gift card or a direct deposit (if you choose this option) for the amount we told you about in our first email.
And that’s it! You’ve just participated in your first Community Insight Group session. From here, you’re all set. Behind the scenes, the WEGO Health team will report about what was heard in the discussion back to the sponsor. They can then use this information to shape what they’re working toward, like providing better resources to patients or creating new programs.
*Okay, not necessarily better, but different.
Corinna Hablig is the WEGO Health Sponsor Programs Manager. Corinna has worked in the healthcare industry for several years, previously in the clinical trial sector and for a nonprofit advocacy foundation, correcting the grammar of everyone she encountered along the way. You can follow her on Facebook or watch her post incessantly about her dog on Instagram.