- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
– Casey Quinlan (@MightyCasey), Matthew Zachary (@StupidCancer + @MatthewZachary), Randi Oster (@HelpMe_Health), Julie Cerrone (@justagoodlife), were part of co-creation team, representing the patient voice both in development and on the platform.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
Julie Cerrone (@justagoodlife), Tiffany Marie (@TiffanyandLupus), Cindy Chmielewski (@MyelomaTeacher), AnneMarie Ciccarella (@ChemoBrainfog), MarlaJan DeFusco (@MarlaJan), Dee Sparacio (@WomenofTeal), Alicia Staley (@Stales), Casey Quinlan (@MightyCasey), Todd Bello (@bello_todd), Shakir Cannon (@bl00db0rn) – all in audience, many on platform.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
Scholarships awarded to: AnneMarie Ciccarella Cindy Chmielewski Shakir Cannon Tiffany Peterson Todd Bello MarlaJan DeFusco
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
Conference venue, and conference, fully ADA compliant; rest areas easily accessible; dietary options offered for those with food/immune sensitivities.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
Conference live-tweeted by all mentioned above; sessions Periscoped by MarlaJan DeFusco (compensated in addition to scholarship as onsite e-patient journalist)