Our first month of 2011 is coming to a close! Back when January began, we shared our first Health Activist Blog Carnival (HABC) topic of the new year: write 3 fortunes to your health community. In the spirit of our theme “New Year New You: Setting Health Activism Goals,” this seemed like a fun way to look ahead and think positive. We received some great entries – let’s take a look!
In Kelly’s post “Three Fortune Cookies: What We Hope the Future Holds” she went all-out and created really cool animated cookies that, when you hover over them, reveal the fortunes inside. Her colorful cookies tell her RA community:
- Empowerment in community will bring change.
- Expect a breakthrough in public understanding of Rheumatoid disease.
- Advances in knowledge will improve treatment.
Jenny shared three inspiring quotes to propel her into Health Activism in 2011. Check out her post “Community Cookies” for the reasoning behind these quotes and what she’s planning. Here are the quotes she chose:
- “Power comes from who you are, not what you have, and the transformation starts with how you allow others to treat you.” ~Suze Orman
- “I am successful today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down” ~Abraham Lincoln
- “There is no more satisfying sound than that of wheels in motion.”
Karen took a fun approach to the HABC by doing a little bit of each of the suggestions I made. She did one fortune cookie, one Dove chocolate promise, and one favorite quote. Check out her blog post to see why she decided to go with each. Here’s what she came up with:
- Confucius say even longest journey begins with one small step.
- Don’t wait for opportunities, make opportunities.
- A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. ~Maya Angelou
I think this was a wonderful way to get everyone thinking about 2011 and I loved the creativity people injected into their posts! If you want to write 3 fortunes to your community – please do! It’s a great way to think big and play psychic. And hey – if you think it, you can achieve it, right? When you write your 3 fortunes be sure to leave a link in this discussion in our Health Bloggers group so everyone can see what you predict! Stay tuned for February’s HABC and until then why not check out the wonderful posts featured above?