Thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday for our successful presentation on “Twitter Power Tools for Health Activists” – our second in series of webinars. We had a great turn out!
WEGO Health was honored to have guest presenter, Shwen Gwee (founder of Social Pharmer Unconference and Network) share some exciting tips, tricks, and applications to take tweeting to the next level.
- Hashtags are a great feature for identifying tweets & increasing search accuracy (visit Hashtags.org for ideas of some of the most popular hashtags)
- TweetDeck and HootSuite are helpful tools for managing tweets, followers, direct messages, and more!
- TwitScoop, TweetMeme and Twendz are useful apps to find out what’s “hot” and trendy in Twitter at any moment
- URL Shorteners (TinyURL, bit.ly, owl.ly) are a great way to make the best of URLs within your Tweets – allowing you to direct followers to full text elsewhere (e.g. a blog or website)
- Attend TweetUps! When you meet and interact face to face, it’s like you’re already old friends!
WEGO Health would like to send out a huge thank you to Shwen for joining us and sharing all of his incredible Twitter expertise – we all learned something new!
Written by Lisa Taylor, Community Leader at WEGO Health