Looking for a few good articles about health (and social media)? Here’s what we’ve been reading at WEGO Health lately:
- Clay Shirky: Physicians and Patients Need to Fuse their Online Conversations – This is a great little write up of Dr. Val‘s recent meeting with new media guru Clay Shirky.
- The Cost Conundrum – Atul Gawande ponders how a small town in Texas could end up with the most expensive health care in the country. What he finds, and what it means for health care reform in America might surprise you.
- New Twitter Research: Men Follow Men and Nobody Tweets – Lots of interesting tidbits in this article, particularly some unexpected information about Twitter and Gender. The fact that “the median number of lifetime tweets per user is one” didn’t surprise me, but the comparison to Wikipedia did!
- My Brief Life as a Woman – Dana Jennings describes what it’s like to be a man going through (Lupron-induced) menopause. You read that right. It’s a short, sweet blog post about the effects hormones have on us all.
- Why Your Next Physicians Visit May be Just a Click Away – Great reporting in the Boston Globe about virtual medicine in the US. Would you use virtual medicine? Join the conversation on WEGO Health.
What are you reading this week?